Monday, March 28, 2011

The results are in...

Yes sports fans, two drafts have now been completed by yours truly...including my first NL Only live auction.

Here are the results of the NL auction (keepers are bold with a *). It was a 10-team with $250 budgets:

C- Nick Hundley $1
1B- Ryan Howard $39
2B- Omar Infante $10*
3B- Ian Stewart $10*
SS- Hanley Ramirez $53
CI- Chris Johnson $1*
MI- Bill Hall $7
OF- Mike Stanton $5*
OF- Cody Ross $6*
OF- Cameron Maybin $5*
OF- Alfonso Soriano $19
OF- Chris Coghlan $10
U- Jose Lopez $9
P- Ryan Dempster $6*
P- Johnny Cueto $13*
P- Hiroki Kuroda $19
P- Matt Garza $12
P- Jonanthan Broxton $18
P- Evan Meek $2*
P- Hong-Chih Kuo $2
P- Jason Motte $2
P- Luke Gregerson $1*
B- Homer Bailey $1
B- Rafael Betancourt $1
Minors - Brandon Belt
Minors - Kenley Jansen
Minors - Billy Hamilton
Minors - Chris Marrero
Minors - Zack Wheeler*

Obviously, I favored the top 4 hitters of the Marlins (HOMER!)...but I also have a lot invested in the Cubs and Dodgers. I am using the middle reliever theory, meaning I am likely punting wins for a big increase in WHIP, ERA and saves (I think at least 2 of the MR I have will be closers by the end of the season). 50 saves was enough for fifth place in saves last year in this league, and I have basically locked up every LA Dodger save with this team, which should be in the 45-50 range by itself. Once Heath Bell is traded(?) or Joel Hanrahan is traded or stinks, and Ryan Franklin finally starts to decline, Gregerson, Meek and Motte will be collecting saves as well.

I project to be the No. 1 team in HR (an escape for me), middle of the pack in steals and runs; and near the bottom in average. My goal will obviously be to try and trade for a high-average stolen base guy using my excess power numbers.

I would also love to trade one of my minor league prospects for a better SP. My biggest hope is that Belt opens the season in the minors, and is called up mid-season with a splash, at which point I will probably try to trade him.

I may have been overprepared for this auction. How'd I do? I'll post my mixed league team later.

1 comment:

  1. Cogs will def help out in the HR department LOL

    ReplyDelete